I. Augmented Reality - In development
Robot Sea Monster https://robotseamonster.com/ has designed a product to link mural images to multi-media files without having to download an app. Check back for Proof of Concept.
Download Off the Wall Tech Stack Walk Through
- user scans the mural
- interactive AR engagement; videos, animations, sounds, etc
- user clicks “about the mural” > can favorite > send to a friend
- user clicks “about the artist”
- user clicks external sites provided by the artist and/or platform
- user clicks > maps of other murals > guide to getting to another site
Video of Augmented Reality Trials- Linking mural imagery to videos
Concept using Unity www.unity.com
Off the Walls uses website technology HTML, CSS, XML, CGI, and HTTP
II Example of Augmented Reality: Current Phase
Oakland Palestine Solidary Mural, 26th Street–between Telegraph and Broadway, Oakland CA
Mural organizers Estria Foundation , Art Forces and NorCal Friends of Sabeel.
1. Call the Wall
ext 11: Nidal El Khairy
ext. 13: VYAL
ext. 14: Emory Douglas
ext. 15: Chris Gazaleh
ext. 16: Erin Yoshi
ext. 17: Deadeyes
ext. 18: SPIE
ext. 19: Susan Greene
ext. 20: Dena Matar
2- QR codes that link to website and video and phone number to call the wall are listed every 20 feet on the wall.
III. Example- Concept Virtual Reality tours
Clarion Alley Mural Project CAMP
Between 17 and 18th Street and Mission and Valencia, SFCA
- Over 700 murals created since 1992
- CAMP has supported over 500 artists
- CAMP receives over 200,000 visitors annually
- CAMP collaborates with neighbors and community partners
- CAMP works actively to support social, economic, and environmental justice
Sample Virtual Tours- Current project proposes to build on tours such as ones below- adding multiple layers of data.
IV. Data Visualization and Mural Mapping
Example: Murals at San Francisco State University
Click on each mural location marker to get a window with information.
The current project will expand upon this concept– offering a more 'thick' description of each mural site and mapping murals throughout the Bay Area.
V. Content Example: Concept
Current proposal will accomplish this without downloading an App.